Thursday, November 17, 2011

Music So Bad You'll Want To END Your Life...

Really, BabyFaceMalloy...Really?

I have known this fair-weathered fan for over ten years and while his taste in music is spotty at best, this is just ridiculous.

I can only assume that Josh Ritter is the son of that guy from 3's company and I'm clearly way too good looking to waste my time looking it up, so he gets a pass.

Honestly, I've never heard of "Travis".  I took BabyFaceMalloy's advice and tried to find their song "Half The World Away".  I looked and looked until I realized it isn't even a Travis song...it's a song by the great OASIS.  Clearly when the one song you are telling me to listen to isn't even a song written by said band???  Come on, man!

And last but certainly not least, the one band I actually had previously heard of..."THE CIVIL WARS"

First off, what kind of name is "The Civil Wars"?  Are they singing about slavery?  Do they still have the confederate flag hanging outside their bungalow?  I certainly hope so, cause if not, this name rivals greats like "Chumbawumba" and "Nickleback"(don't get me started).  If you want to have a steady conversation, go talk to someone.  Don't mention you like the Civil Wars or you'll have to resort to listening to them to get your conversational fix.  Yea, yea, yea, you're a heel, what do you know about music?  Let's just say that a beginner guitarist asked me (being a master of the axe) if he could possibly play one of the Civil Wars songs (our friendship ended soon after).  My response was that even he could play the 2 chords necessary to make such "a beautiful song expressing the sincerity and irony of the dichotomous nature of our lives." - Really, BabyFaceMalloy...Really?

I just puked in my mouth a little after reading that line....read it again, I'll wait.....Now you can see that it's a heel's life for me!


HEELCapano is currently listening to Brand New, a real fucking band.  Other things I'd rather listen to than the 3 bands suggested by BabyFaceMalloy:  Cats having sex, My car breaking down, Ace of Base, and finally the sound of something other than my own voice...

3 comments:

  1. The Travis song I suggested was meant to be an easy to swallow tune that you'd be familiar with. And for the record, it's not an Oasis song, it's an adaptation of an Oasis song! I am left wondering if there are cats having sex inside your engine block which has caused your car to break down and you have lost your voice after screaming your vocal cords into paralysis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travis clearly intended that to be a song to listen to while swallowing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked out Travis... not into them and I gave them 3 songs as a Scottsman. I would rather listen to Ace of Base than most things on this Earth so that was a terrible example. Side note... cats having sex is a beautiful thing

    ReplyDelete